Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bill 1.3.08

Ciao everyone! This may be our last post for a few days, so hopefully I live up to expectations. I am really really excited about our trip to Paris, this afternoon has been hectic, but really exciting. We found out that to make our 7:30 AM flight tomorrow morning, we need to get on a train to Pisa tonight at around 8:30 PM. Sounds like fun, huh? So we'll either find a place to stay in Pisa for a few hours or crash on airport chairs for the evening (wouldn't be the first time, remember those days of Independence Air??). But nonetheless, it will give us time to plan our trip out and try and be efficient for our day to day travels in Parigi. Right now we've got all of Jess's stuff here at my apartment, we're packing up - trying to speed dry laundry - and shutting down the apartment for the week since I'm the last one here. We have to leave here in about an hour and a half, haha! I've decided to bring my research stuff with me so that I can work on my paper when we're there :[. Oh, and the short story (bleehhhhh) isn't actually about Claudio, the real person. I'm just using his name for a working title.

So how are things at home? It was wonderful to hear that everyone had such a great time here in Florence and that you all got home safe and sound. How is the cut, Mom? Is it healing nicely, and do you think the glue is better than stitches? Are you all feeling strong from the hundred miles or so of walking you did? We loved having you all! I am really really excited to get out of Florence (although I'm sure I'll miss it) and see the rest of Europe with Jess. This second half of the semester will have alot more traveling so we should see lots.

The streets of Florence are starting to get packed as tourist season is quickly approaching. One more reason to get out of here on the weekends. Well, I'm going to check the weather in Paris now so we know what's ahead of us! Love you all, talk to you soon!

Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just about recovered from all our world traveling. Of course, we've already failed to keep up the walking we started in Florence. The fact that the average temperature has been -100 degrees doesn't help! The steri strips on my face just came off this morning. Good thing I won't be posing for any photo shoots any time soon. Oh well, your father says it gives me character, actually more than I need. All's well here. The redoing the house thing is coming along nicely. We're finally at the fun stage of decorating, although Dad doesn't think it's so much fun everytime I change my mind about moving furniture or want one more picture hung.As always, he just puts up with me. What a guy!. So excited for you two! Spending the night in the airport just adds to the adventure and gives you more stories to tell. Matthew will surely relate to this. You guys can compare how comfortable Pisa airport is to all of his layovers. Well, hope you get to read this before you leave. If not, it'll be waiting for you. As I said in yesterday's post, Relax, be safe, and God Bless! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Woot Botticelli, woot Paris, woot Jess n Bill. Heyyy, I used to dance with a cowboy named Gabriel. Hmm. So by the time you return to Firenze, I will be lying in my new striped bikini on a Florida beach next to Shea, my Alaskan friend. (she will probably be buried in towels because she burns like whoa). Sooo, have a Fantabulous time in beautiful Paris! miss you guys!