Friday, February 29, 2008

Jess 2-29-08

Hello everyone!

So after much ado (about nothing), my $1400 is finally back in my bank account and we can finally simply prepare for Paris the normal way: by packing. I'm not sure if we will have internet access in the apartment but we will try at least once or twice during the week to find a reasonable internet cafe, or at least call home so people know we are still alive. But I'm sure we'll come out of the week totally refreshed and with lots of pictures to share (sorry I know we haven't put many up in a while!).

I'm very proud of Bill for starting his writing. He's very talented and although I don't want to see it until it's finished (the ending will be ruined!) I did read the first page or two and there's a really interesting plot forming. I can't wait to read the rest. I feel so artistic, Bill writing while I'm painting. He inspires me to achieve more. I had to paint over my original drawing on my canvas last night so I couldn't really get started, but I did make a few sketches with my fancy new pencils Bill bought me. Especially of Gabriels' face; the expression is so delicately complicated. It's almost as if he, an archangel, is in awe of this mortal woman, with his head bent down but his eyes gazing up and mouth so slightly agape. I did a few tries of his hands too, because I always have trouble with hands. The rest I think I'll be able to handle alright, I hope. I feel like I'm biting off more than I can chew, but there's the challenge I guess.

Now that the stress of our accommodation mishaps and the exams is over we can finally start planning our week in Paris and get excited! It's our first time out of the country, and really the city too (for me at least), since we arrived and it's really going to be a good time. So much more art and history to see! Not to mention the simple beauty of Paris itself. One of the things we are looking forward to most is just taking the time to sit at an outdoor cafe and watch the people go by. It will be nice to be able to take the luxury of doing something like that instead of feeling like we have to rush to see everything in the city, like some of our classmates who are taking only 2 days there. I feel like you could just go see the Louvre for 2 days alone.

Anyway, time for lunch. I hope all is well!

Jessica

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,

Glad you are at peace with exams and hectic Paris planning over. How nice that you and Bill find peace, inspiration, and encouragement in each other. I can see the two of you sitting together at the cafe. Sounds like heaven.

I have no doubt that your art will be wonderful, you are so talented! Plus you like to do it and get joy out of painting.

I don't expect you to write from Paris babygirl. You and Bill should just go and have fun and forget about communicating for a week. You are on vacation and that is what you should do.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

One more day and it's on to Paris! Just relax and really enjoy yourselves. I'm sure you'll both come back refreshed and inspired to continue your painting and writing. Maybe you can sketch and write while you're relaxing sitting in those outside cafes. Hopefully, it'll be a little warmer so you can really feel Spring coming.I agree about not stressing to write us everyday. A quick message to say you've arrived safely would be great. And, of course, lots of news when you get back!Have fun, be safe, and God Bless. Talk to you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have talked to you too when you called, Jess. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you had a killer time on vacation in gay paree. I love you.