Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jess 2-20-08

Hello all,

Not much to talk about today. Mr. and Mrs. Farley went on a day trip to Chianti and most of our classes have been simple review for midterms next week. It's amazing how much I've soaked in, I don't really feel that nervous about having the exams so soon. Tonight is food class so I'm excited about that -- I think we're having artichoke beef rolls, which sounds pretty delicious to me. Not too many classes left! I'm so sad :( but Friday Bill and I are planning on making a great big meal for everyone, using what we've learned, so that will be nice. We have marinated peppers, pork roast, mushroom sauce with pasta, roasted potatoes, and tiramisu all planned, as well as homemade bread. I think tomorrow we are all going out for Bill's birthday, which is really on Saturday, but we're celebrating Thursday so that we can all have dinner together. Speaking of birthdays, mine isn't too long from now either! Just a few weeks and I'll be twenty one. Not that that means anything here. Memere gave me some money (via Mom) which I'm definitely going to buy myself one or two good brushes with -- the "starter" brushes we have are just terrible and drive me crazy. :) Thanks Memere!

Because of finals I haven't really gone anywhere else interesting, since Mom and Ellie are still in Rome, classes aren't going on field trips, and the Farleys are away too. But I'm sure tomorrow once we go to the Pitti Palace, everyone comes back, and I'll have food stories too so tomorrow's entry will be much more satisfying. Friday I suspect will be our ultra busy day since we're going to the Uffizi, which has the most paintings that I know about, and San Lorenzo, plus our big meal for everyone. I'm so excited!

Anyway, ciao for now. Next entries promise to be more fullfilling.

Oh, and finally we have our accommodations resolved for France! It was pricier, but worth it. We're staying just 200 meters from the steps of Sacre Coeur, and unlike a lot of other people who are going to two or three countries we'll be able to take our time at the museums we want to visit instead of a more whirl-wind like tour.

We leave in just a week and a half! I am so pumped, it's going to be great. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Babygirl! Thanks for the post. Good luck with your mid-terms. It's a nice feeling to go into your exams so confident, huh? Don't forget to study, though. ;-)

Wow, the artichoke beef thingy sounds really delish! I hope you can make that when you get back home. So does the big pork roast dinner you have planned for Friday. Sure wish I was there to enjoy together with all of you. Hmm. I wonder if food doesn't just plain taste better in Florence...

I did some quick reading on the Pitti Palace and Uffizi last night. Wow, everyone is really in for a treat based on what I saw online. What a great visit you all must be having.

I'm pleased everything worked out for your Paris trip. I didn't realize it was coming up so soon! I think you and Bill made a good choice to devote your vacation time to a little deeper experience rather than the "five countries in seven days" approach, esp. since it's Paris and there's so much to see and do. Have a great time!

I'll look forward to your next post soon. Thanks again so much for keeping us updated on all your doings! I'm so proud of you, Jess. Have a fun rest of your visit with your Momma and sister.

I love you up to the sky.

Daddy