Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bill 21.2.08

Ciao ragazzi!

Today was a really nice day. We met up with everyone and did a quick run through of the Pitti Palace. Beautiful place with an awesome collecton of D'Agnolo, Rafaelo, Van Dyke, and others. Just a really nice trip through altogether. After a quick lunch Jess and I came back to go to class.

Tonight we are all going out to a fancy dinner together which should prove to be delicious and wonderful company. Tomorrow's plans include the Uffizi in the morning, a day on the town - followed by the grand finale of the trip! Jess and I will be cooking a pretty intense meal for everyone to share. You'll get a full review over the weekend I'm sure, haha.

Well, sorry about the short post but I'm feeling incredibly tired and ready for a nap before class. I will talk to you all later!

Bill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick reply to thank you for the post. I must be checking about 50 times a day to get any fresh news. :-)

Glad everyone is getting the chance to see so many wonderful sights while they are there. I hope you are all having a good visit together as well. I'm sure you are. Wish I was joining you for dinner tonight, and even more for tomorrow's big dinner occasion! Have fun at the Uffizi. I really appreciate you keeping us up to date over here in the New World.

Have a great rest of your visit. Love you all.

Dad M.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Guilford,CT,
It sounds like you are having a great time. I wish I was there too!! I hope your weather is better than here. Its been snowing off and on since yesterday.
Just keep an eye on your parents. We don't want them to get wild over there!!!!!!
P.S.
Happy Birthday Bill
Love,
Your Aunt Louise

Anonymous said...

That's right! Thank you, Aunt Louise, for reminding me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILL!! Hope you have a wonderful, special day. Do you and Jess have anything planned to celebrate?

Hope you had a nice visit with your parents and Momma M. and Ellie. I know they must have had a wonderful time being with the two of you. I took a look at the flight status a few minutes ago and they are on still on pace to be into JFK about a 1/2 hour earlier than scheduled. Can't wait to see everyone and hear all the stories and see the pictures! I imagine they'll be feeling pretty tired after such a long flight, but maybe I can coax a couple of stories out of them before everyone crashes. :-)

We did get a nice snow storm here in the City yesterday, but at least down here in the Financial District it's mostly gone, although the news said Central Park got about 8". Anyway, all flights are on time today, so I expect there will be no trouble for everyone getting home without incident. I'll be going out to the airport to meet everyone.

Well, have a wonderful time on your special day. Give Jess a big hug for me. Happy Birthday!

Dad M.

Anonymous said...

WE ARE BACK IN NYC. I went to bed at 6:30 local time (12:30 Italian time) Unfortunately that meant I woke up at 4 AM local time and have been awake since. There isn't much snow here but I wonder what CT will look like. We had a wonderful time in Italy with you and please know how much we apprecaited your time during a busy study time for you both. We love you both so much, always remember that.

You are a wonderful couple and I look forward to many more meals with the two of you. For those of you that are reading you have no idea what you missed with the meal. Four courses...fochacia with onions and marinated red and yellow peppers then pasta with a porticina mushroom and rose( rosay?) sauce to die for. The main or secondi course was pork with carrots and roasted potatoes with rosmary. Then homemade tarimisu. I say homemade but everything was homemade. The meal was the best I have had in a long, long, time! These guys would put anyone to shame with the cooking that they do and on top of that they had a good time doing it.

By the way, Jess and Bill, I saw porticini mushrooms in the airport and I went to buy them but they were 20 euro for the small bag and I thought I must be able to get them for better than $30 in the states even if they are in the best of speciality shops in the city. Maybe little Italy in NYC? So I didn't pick them up, if I don't find them I will ask you to pick some up before you come home and I will put money in your account to do so...yum that was good food.

We miss you and love you.

Mom

Jess said...

Hi Mom! I'm glad to hear that you made it home safely, although with a cramped ride I'm sure. I'm glad you liked the food! Twenty Euro for porcini mushrooms?! That's a ridiculous ripoff, we get them for a euro and a half at the supermarket. I'll buy and pack a few bags before we go home. Thanks so much for visiting and I miss you so much already! Bill had a great birthday and we had a lot of fun together, ending with brand new italian leather shoes!

Always,
Jess