Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bill 9.2.08

Hey everyone!

I decided to write a quick note because my mother's comment on Jess's last post was the saddest thing I've ever read :[[[[

So we're at Gino Capponi right now leaching internet in Drew and Mike's room since its the weekend haha. There was no food club on Wednesday - she needed to catch up on some stuff so we're just moving the rest of the classes back one week. We did some fabulous cooking of our own though. Jess made another tiramisu (omg) and some fresh homemade breads that everyone talked about for hours. We also made another roast and I made a couple of homemade sauces since we finally discovered parmigiana. It was a lovely week of eating, I'll tell you.

Yesterday Jess and I went to the Accademia. My second experience with David was pretty stunning. Just like everyone else I had an experience. You turn the corner and he's just there and it just completely gives you the shivers. Incredible piece of artwork. We also took our time and really enjoyed all the rest of the art in the building and Jess graced me with her ever expanding knowledge of art history and Christian/Pagan symbolism common in medieval, Renaissance and Baroque period artwork. Great experience, definitely.

Last night we went out for the whole second time since we got here! We're so adventurous. Haha. We went back to Loch Ness with my roommates and some other people from school. It was alot of fun.

Today we're going to actually site see! We're going to do a church run, and maybe head to Piaza Alle Michaelangelo. That's a raised piaza on the other side of the river that affords probably the best views of the city. But yeah, we want to get our day started and its already pushing 2 PM, so I'll head out for now.

CiaoCiao!
Love, Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bill,Thanks for the quick note. I feel better now! Enjoy your day out. Will you guys be our tour guides? There might even be a tip involved! For now, decide which evening we can do dinner with everyone to celebrate your 22nd. birthday! Once again(sorry), did you reach Claudio? See you soon! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! We can celebrate Jess's 21st at the same time albeit 3 weeks early. We will be gone Tuesday and Wednesday to Rome and we leave early Sat morning but I leave that up to you guys. Mom Farley has great ideas!

Glad to hear you guys are getting ot with friends now and then. the Loch Ness looks like a fun gathering place for you guys. Were the older gentlemen there again this time foryou guys to practice your Italian with and play pool/fus ball?

Love,

Mom Muirhead