Buona Sera, Buon Giorno di Valentino!
And an eventful Valentine's day it has been. This morning I picked up the last bit of Jess' gift for Valentine's Day, but I can't say what it is since I haven't given it to her yet. I'll tell you tomorrow ;] Tonight, in Italian class we had to go to the Piazza Della Republic (the big busy center of the town one) and interview random people about stupid stuff like their favorite color and book and what they do for a living. We were not feeling good about this but we slipped into the bar near the Duomo that we frequent for gelato and chatted with the bartender there. He was really nice and did the interview with us and also gave us free coffee on the house! So that made us feel much better about the whole thing. Unfortunately, we have to cheat a little bit and Jess is going to go and interview a person at the art store on Via Dei Servi tomorrow. It took us a long time to do the interview and the fifty minutes we were given just wasn't long enough.
But, its a really nice day. The weather was beautiful today and you can feel the springtime as everyone is out and chatting in the piazas and streets. The city really felt alive. Tourist season is approaching! Oh no! But, its nice to have the cold moving away and the rain has held for quite a while so the weather is looking up.
Midterms are coming up and I should really start working on my term papers. Ah! On that same academic note, Jess' paintings are coming out incredible! It's really amazing to see the talent that she's so obviously had finally come to life. Her stuff is really pretty inspiring and I think its giving her some great confidence. The whole class is really improving. I've taken to loitering in the art class for the last hour and watching everyone paint, I don't think the teacher minds. Haha.
Tomorrow I get up at 6:30 and head out to Rome with my class. It is going to be a really great experience and she knows her stuff so well that I know it will be a great learning experience. I wish Jess was coming, but this will give us an excuse to spend a weekend in Rome. And when we do, I will know alot more about the city so that I can be a good tour guide. Also, we're not going to the Vatican since its an ancient history class, and obviously we want to do that.
Well, I suppose that's all for me for now. So excited about Saturday and everyone getting here! It will be so much fun to be a tour guide with you new tourists! Fresh minds to mold.
Ciao, A Domani (for real!), con amore,
Bill
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day! What better place to spend a romantic holiday. Hope the crowds you refer to aren't too bad- don't want to deal with lines, etc. I am glad the weather there is beginning to feel Spring like. It's frigid here, with snow predicted for the weekend. Absolutely can't wait to see you for real. I know the plane ride will seem even longer. Enjoy your weekend in Rome. We will see you soon! Love, Mom
Can't wait to talk to you about Rome given that Ellie and I will be spending an overnight there as well. I saw on the internet that it is suppose to be 52 degrees on Sunday and go up from there until it reaches 61 by the time we leave. Yeah! I hope the predictions are correct!
Much Love,
Mom Muirhead
Post a Comment