Friday, February 15, 2008

Jess 2-15-08

Ciao ciao!

Well, I've decided that I have inadvertently invested myself in a very large project. My painting of il mano di David, which I spent all of yesterday's class doing the thumb (three hours), and today I have painted on it for maybe another 4 hours worth of work... and I did the index finger. Plus a few veins here or there. The problem is, you can tell the difference between what I've worked on and what I haven't. To get a good grade in the class I have to have an evenly completed painting... which means I either have to pull the rest of the painting up to the level of the thumb and index finger (countless more hours of work before Tuesday) or bring the index finger and thumb down to the level of the rest of the painting (not going to happen).

It's been a rather lonely day without Bill around, so I poured most of my time into avoiding getting sick again, which I've been feeling on the periphery, and painting. Soon I'll head out to the store to pick up some materials in order to cook for the families when they get here tomorrow. I don't know what I'll do for dinner tonight, it's not really much fun cooking for one.

Well, arrivederci for now. A domani for some!

-Jess

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my Babygirl!! Can't wait to see you. Take care of yourself and know that I love you. Don't go and make anything because we will all probably be very tired. We can always stop out for a bite if we need to. Most importantly take care of yourself so we can have a good time together and for you to have the time and energy to finish my beautiful painting!

Love,

You mamas

Anonymous said...

Hi, Babygirl! I echo Mommy's sentiment. Take care of yourself! Just to let you know, everyone got off on the plane just fine tonight. Mom called when I was on the return train to Manhattan and she said she saw Bill's folks briefly. Everyone is so excited to see the both of you! Wish I was coming too.

Have a great visit.

Love you.

Dad

Memere said...

I sent you a comment a few days ago but it didn't go through. Hopefully this one will.

You are doing a fantastic gob painting. I understand what you are saying about bringing the rest of the painting up to par. That is why I like to paint from the back to the front. The background or furthest away can be subdued somewhat and then you can enjoy painting the closest/front portion of the painting. I have tried other approaches but always seem to be more comfortable with the back to front approach. I envy you so much. You will find your own favorite approach and I predict you will be GREAT at it.

Hope your Mom and Ellie got there OK.

OK, Test Run to send one more time.

Memere

Memere said...

OOOOPS, I forgot to mention that Memere and Pepere went to a dance last night and I danced most of the dances with the exception of Polkas and Jitterbugs. I finally believe I'm doing better with my knee than most. It's only 4 weeks since my surgery. Needless to say, Pepere is also doing great.

Love As Always,

Memere

Jess said...

Hi Memere, Pepere, and Dad!

Everyone arrived just fine, tired from the flight but excited to be here (See my new post for details on what we have done so far). I wish you were here too!

The painting is coming along, if slowly. I am trying out different styles and hopefully I will settle on what I feel the most comfortable with by the end of semester. Each time I think I will improve just a little bit more, and hopefully speed myself up a little bit for the purposes of this class! Maybe next time I will try with the background first and see how I feel. :)

Memere I am so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I like to think of you and Pepere tearing up the dance floor! :)

Anyway I should get back to painting before I have to rush the last part of it. Ciao! Love you!