So I'll start with the wonderful representative of UCONN and PR briefly. One of the fine gents I ALMOST had to live with from UCONN, named Matt and nicknamed 'Jaws' as he is extremely well endowed in the face. In other words, he has a large face, most particularly surprising is his most generous chin. I should really be using past tense. Because as of three days ago he was deported from Italy. That's right.
Deported.
So far what I've heard is that he:
- Vomited profusely outside his front door AND from his balcony almost onto the heads of people on the street.
- Dropped a drinking glass from his balcony almost hitting (and theoretically killing) someone on the street.
- Stealing City of Florence sewage grates.
- Stealing City of Florence street signs.
- Stealing many things from his roommates including cameras, money, etc and promptly blaming it on his Penn State roommates.
Great.
So, our program now consists of one less jerk. He will most likely be expelled from UCONN from our guesses. It's just sad because this brings a really bad image to not only American students abroad (considering our image is already pretty bad), but also speaks terribly of PR and UCONN.
But other news that's both less sad and less entertaining. I went to Chianti for the second time today, this time with PETER FISCHER. His name will always be referred to in all caps. The trip was really great, and alot more informative than our previous trip. They did a good job of explaining the whole process of wine making. Plus, the entire vineyard is completely organic, they use no chemicals at all. So its a very old fashioned style process and they are working on getting rid of their stainless steel tanks, their last vestage of non-traditional wine making. We did a tasting, which was very informative. It was a real tasting, with spitters and stuff so we actually got to experience trying to guess the flavors and find the nuances of the wine. Afterwards we had a 'most typical Tuscan meal' for lunch. It was really great, and consisted of several of the dishes we have learned in cooking class. That was a really cool connection between two very unrelated parts of my trip.
After getting home, Jess cooked up the rabbit and she made a 'most typical Tuscan meal' of our own. I cleaned. Haha. It was a really lovely afternoon. You've already read about that part of the day.
Paris sounds really exciting and I can't wait. We've been shopping all night for accomodations (I swear this will take more planning than we have time in Paris), and its been really fun. We've found some great prices too, and I think we're going to end up saving quite a bit of money from our original plan. Getting out of Florence and doing some real traveling will be so much fun!
Alright! I'm done! Ciao!
Love always,
Bill
5 comments:
Already talking about "getting out of Florence"? Wow! Oh well, if you have to go somewhere,it might as well be Paris. Tell Jess the whole rabbit story was hilarious, although it sounds like it was pretty traumatic for her! And what's with people bothering our Jess? Hey! She's just too beautiful! Disturbing news about the jerk from UCONN. Thank God you didn't wind up rooming with him. It is really sad, though for the university and all you other students. Tell us why PETER FISHER's name will always be in capitals? More info on your professors,please. As always, love all the news that's fit to print. We will be there in just two weeks!!! Love, Mom and Dad
bill, check your hotmail. matt
Jess and Bill,
Sounds like your day apart was an adventure for both of you. I hope the Matt who told you to check your email is not the same Matt who carried himself so well in Italy! It is unfortunate for UCONN and Americans who already have such a great name overseas anyway. But how terrible for him as well that he blew such a great opportunity for himself. Being sent home from a neighbors at 6 years old because of your behavior is embarrassing enough but sent home from an entire country at 20ish...? Hopefully it is a wakeup call for him.
Bill, I am curious about the all caps for PETER as well. Isn't it great to go back to the same place again and instead of being bored, you learn so much more and become all that more enthralled.
Jess, you made me laugh out loud with the rabbit story. I could visualize you in the kitchen throwing away the pieces. I haven't laughed out loud all week and you were just the breath of fresh air that I needed. God I love you.
As far as stereotypical Americans are concerned, I guess your story of going out alone makes me think of stereotypical Italians. Although have you looked in the mirror lately? I told you that you are beautiful! So I guess it speaks more to their eyesight than anything else. You and Bill make a very handsome couple!
Ellie and I are looking forward to coming to see you both but we still haven't received our passports yet. I am getting a little concerned. Here's hoping...
Love to you both,
Mom
WE ARE COMING! PASSPORTS JUST ARRIVED!
Hi, Bill! Sounds like you had a really interesting trip to Chianti. Nice that you were able to learn so much more about the area on this trip. You'll have to share some of your newly acquired wine knowledge with us when you return.
Such a shame about the really poor choices and judgement used by the other UCONN student. The best I can say is perhaps he'll use this as a, er, "learning opportunity". Good thing there are special people like you and Jess to show people that not ALL Americans are culturally-deficient asshats.
I'm glad to hear your Paris trip is forming up nicely. It's great that you're finding less expensive places to stay, but don't go so cheap that you guys wind up staying at some flophouse. I would prefer to help out to make other arrangements than have you return with the memories of your trip marred by crappy accomodations.
Anyway, thanks for your posts. We so enjoy hearing all the news of the day. Have fun and study hard. Looking forward to your next posts.
Dad M.
Post a Comment