Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jess 4-29-08

Hello everyone :)

Well, I just finished up my last exam, for Italian. It was a pain in the butt to have all of my finals during two days, but now I have the rest of the week off to enjoy Florence, pack, and take my time. Bill will be done at 11 a.m. tomorrow, and he still has some work to do but is in good shape.

I took about the longest test since the SATs for my Gender Issues class today. 5 essay questions, each with 20 minutes to a half hour to them, at least two pages long a piece. The whole thing went for about 2 1/2 hours. I have irritation marks on my pinkies. I liked the professor, but I feel she expected a lot for a beginner's class in art history, especially since she's a tough grader. I like essay questions but it stinks when you know the material hands down but there's just not enough time to write it all, which is how I ended up doing mediocre on the last exam. Nonetheless, I feel that I did better this time.

Even with the pressures of the final painting project and my finals squished together, it's still a bittersweet relief to have it done, because it signifies the offical end of my semester here, in the city that I have come to love so much. Unfortunately, due to the Al'Italia crisis and cancelled flights many of our friends are leaving earlier than we thought, so we have to say goodbye to emptying apartments in the next day or two.
So thank you to all of you who have followed along with us through our travels here in Italy. We really enjoyed writing this journal as not only a record of our time here but also to be able to share with everyone at home the good times that we have had.

Well, it's time to go. As always, best to all at home; and this time, be with you soon!


Ciao Italia!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,

Congratulations on another successful semester and a time in your life you will never forget! We truly have enjoyed all the blogs and following along with your life in Italy. We have been blessed to be a part of it even though we are an ocean away. I will miss reading about your life when you are home. I am glad you have found so many friends and I am hopeful that you will all keep in touch and visit with one another.

I did not know there was any problem with Air Italy, are your flights the same as before? Arriving back at the time of 5 something in the PM at JFK?

Much love to both of you. Can't wait for that long hug and maybe a few tears.

We will meet you at the baggage or just outside the gate however close we can get to you to see you right away.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Babygirl!! Congratulations on completing your finals. I'm sure you did great.

Mom pretty much said it all - it has been so special to vicariously live the dream while reading you and Bill's blog postings. I am so happy you two had this incredible opportunity, and I'm so pleased that you took such wonderful advantage of it. I'm glad you have a last couple of days to soak in that little extra bit of the city and seal those memories deep in your heart. Enjoy these last few days together with all your friends then hurry home to us. We can't wait to see you.

Love you so much, Honey. I'm so, so proud of you and Bill. Enjoy these last few days and hurry home to hugs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jess and Bill, As I said in my last message,your leaving is bittersweet, but oh the memories you'll have! Enjoy your last days in your beautiful Florence and we'll see you on Saturday. Have a good flight back and as always, God Bless. Love, Mom and Dad