Hey everyone,
Sorry it's been a little while since we last posted. I was (am) sick with the flu and generally bed ridden for the last couple of days, so we never made it to an internet cafe. Bill is starting to get sick too so we are both sniffling up a storm together. Anyways, we went out on Friday night with friends to a local cheap bar, which was a pretty chill place. Until the girls we went with sat on a table instead of a couch and broke it, but that was just amusingly embarrassing. The bar tender reminded us kindly that in Italy, they sit on chairs instead of tables. We met a pretty cool German-Italian, who offered to show us around town. We think after the CinqueTerra trip in two weeks we'll call him together and go out to more "Italian" places, since for the next two weekends we'll be traveling.
Some tooth news! Something we all haven't heard about since I was 10 or so. The last month or so the back of my jaw has started to hurt on the right side so I figured I wasn't brushing well enough back there. It had not yet gone away, and in fact gotten slowly worse, so I checked with a powerful light and a mirror last night and sure enough -- I have one prong of the crown on a wisdom tooth forcing its way up through my gums. No wonder my teeth have felt a bit more crowded. I was so disappointed, I thought I was the next generation of humans, who had evolved beyond wisdom teeth. You know, like an X-Man... Wisdomless Girl. So now I suppose I'll have to be a normal wisdomful human and get mine removed too. Darn.
Otherwise this past weekend has been relatively uneventful, other than trying to get as much sleep as possible to get better before we leave for Munich on Thursday. It's Fruhlingfest (sp?) there so we'll get to taste all sorts of German beers on the Oktoberfest grounds. I've also looked up a few good museums with German artists and folk art, including some works by one of my personal favorites, Gustav Klimt.
Well, that's all for now. Homework time.
Ciao!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ouch on the wisdom tooth. Mine came in on and off for years. It could also be contributing to your flu like symptoms. Sore throat, sinus problems, etc.
We will have to have you go to the dentist upon your return.
Hope your next few weekends are good ones. By the way, Dad, Ellie and I spent the day at BU yesterday and Ellie is all set to attend BU next fall. We are so proud of her as we are of you and Rob!
Yeah for our wonderful children and this includes the new additions to our family as well.
Love to you both,
Mom
Hi, Babygirl! So sorry to read you're a bit under the weather. Boo! And Double-Boo for your wisdom teeth aches. Hopefully they'll grow in okay and you won't have to have them pulled or anything. I didn't have to, maybe you'll be lucky, too. Still bothersome though, huh?
Good idea to rest up and be healthy as you can for your trip to Deutschland. I hope you both have a great, great time. I'll be very interested to hear about what you saw and did when you return. Have a wonderful trip and be safe.
As Momma said, we took Ells-belles up to Boston yesterday. It was fun to be back on Comm Ave. again, and Ellie looks like she'll fit in at BU very nicely. I'm very happy for her. Taking her cue from her sister, we attended a session on Semester Abroad, and we got lots of information on opportunities. She seemed very interested in an internship program in Geneva. Lots of good incentive to study hard and do well. We also had dinner at Noodle Street (Mmmm!) and saw Mark. It was his birthday, to boot.
This is my last week in NYC, then off to S.F. and Yosemite with Mom and Ellie for a week starting Saturday. Hooray! Hopefully we'll have lots of good stories and pictures to share back with you when we return. :-)
Rest up and feel better soon, Sweetheart. Mom and I love you both and are sooooooo proud of the both of you. Have a fun trip.
Dad
Sorry you haven't been feeling too good lately with your tooth and the flu and everything. I think I might be getting a couple of my wisdom teeth as well because every once and a while they hurt alot.
I hope that being in Munich has made you feel a bit better!
Post a Comment