Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jess 4-8-08

Quick art class update:

New project has started, realistic painting 101. It's very hard, especially since my collage is huge and I'm putting it on a canvas about 1/4 the size with the same amount of detail. Also I am not so great with realistic colors yet so it's that much harder. In short: tiny, tiny brushes for tiny, tiny details. Add that to my tiny, tiny patience and you see the problem. I have much more respect for small paintings now. Until now my canvas was almost always the biggest on our other projects, so perhaps a little more subtlety is due this time around. Plus on almost every project (actually all of them except for the first one) I've completely chucked my initial ideas and started over in the 11th hour, so let's see if I can stick to it and see myself through this time around.

Also, got my grade on my color project back (self-portrait), and I received a 100! For as much as she seemed to totally doubt what I was doing at first my teacher seemed pretty pleased, and recommended that I use it for the art exhibit at the end of the year... which apparently we have??? I must not have read the syllabus thoroughly enough because I had no idea we have a show.

Ciao everyone! I am feeling better and Bill is getting there, but we have to get him home and wrapped up with some tea to heal before Thursday. So ciao for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Babygirl,

It was nice to talk to you yesterday. Sorry if I kept you up late. I will be making that deposit today i hope.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Really have been concerned about not hearing from you, Bill. I guess being under the weather is the reason. Sorry you're ill. Sounds like you'll be doing more traveling starting Thursday. That doesn't leave a lot of time to get better, so take it easy, please. Matt keeps checking your Skype account to see if you're on line. Maybe we can all get a call in when you get back. I actually was going to phone you today, but just realized it's already midnight there and I hope you're sleeping. Well please let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. Not too much Beer!!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I sure wish I was there with you; however, you certainly don't need Memere there to override any grades on you paintings. I'm guessing there is nothing to overide. I cannot wait to see some of them when you get back to the states.
We just returned from our cruise and you should see the portrait of Pepere I bought. I definitely could fall in love with that guy all over again.

When are you coming home? Can't wait to see you.

Love Memere