Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jess & Bill 4-23-08

Hi all!

Well, we're winding down on our last few classes here at Palazzo Rucellai, and honestly it's a little depressing. We have become very close with our friends and even our teachers, we're really going to miss it here with all of them.

Currently it's a balancing act between getting our final projects done, studying for finals, and enjoying our last few days abroad. It's very hard to get motivation for schoolwork between the improving weather and temptation to stuff in as much Florentine life as possible before we lose the chance.

Otherwise there is not much to report on at the moment. We found a great gelato place across the river from the school that has some of the best gelato in the city for the cheapest price. As soon as you are done with a cone from their place you want to turn around and go get some more. It's so good.

That's it for now, all the best to you at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring has sprung here as well and we are having the same issues. Enjoy all you can while you can.

Tons of love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, Babygirl! Thanks for calling yesterday. It was sooooo good to hear from you. We miss you both so much adn can't wait to have you both back home again soon. (Just 1 more week!)

I'm so pleased you and Bill had such a great time on your recent visits to Germany and Cinque Terre. How wonderful that in addition to the great locations you've visited you've made such good friends along the way. I really couldn't be happier for you both. I'm pleased that you managed to make the very most of your opportunities.

Good luck wrapping up your semester's work and with your finals. I know you and Bill will do your best, which is just fine, whatever the outcome. I know I've said it before, but I'm so proud of the both of you.

Have a great last week in Firenze, then hurry home to us. We have missed you both so much. Can't wait to show you the pictures of our trip to CA. We missed having you with us, and thought of you and Bill so much. Seemed one or the other of us were always saying, "Ooh, I wish Jess and Bill could see this."

Much love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Missed your posting from the 23rd, so a belated response. I got pretty emotional when you said how hard it'll be to leave your new city and all the friends you've made. Such an intense experience like what you've had will be hard to leave behind, but you'll never really leave it-it'll always be in your hearts and minds, and what great memories for a lifetime! So, as you say goodbye to beautiful Firenze, we look forward to seeing you so soon in the Big Apple, and then good old Ct.! We were on campus yesterday to get your cap and gown and tickets. This was pretty emotional too. Everybody was gearing up for Spring Weekend- crowds everywhere. This morning's news reported it all went well. Well only six more days! See you both soon. Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess and Bill,

Is your flight still on Delta # 137 at 1:35 PM leaving Frienze and arriving at 5:05 PM at JFK on May 3rd?

Let me know if it has changed.

Love,

Mom