Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bill 1.26.08

Technically, it is the 27th as it's 1 AM here. But I'll put the 26th anyway. This will actually be a short entry since Jess's did a really good job of summing up our past two days. As she said, the highlights were the trip to Chianti and our tour of Uffizi. Finally, I got to go inside a museum! The Uffizi was a great experience, and the Boticellis and Caravaggios were especially impressive. I definitely found those Roman statues to be really interesting, as they predated everything else in the building by 1500 years. Stupid Renaissance being all loved and stuff....

So, the Chianti trip was alot of fun and it was nice to get out of the city for a day. Afterwards we wandered around town and got down to the Mercato Centrale (the central market at San Lorenzo) in the afternoon. In the morning, that's where the biggest fresh market in town is, in the afternoon it becomes a huge open markets for touristy stuff, cheaper leather goods and one particular knife store that happened to carry mezza lunas. I figured the mezza luna would be of good quality because the brands he had on everything else were reliable names (Swiss Army, Mag Light, etc). So far, its working great. Unfortunately, by the time we got back to my apartment I was feeling a nasty chill and I fell into a bit of a delirious sleep :[ I think I had a pretty high fever but we got it to break by around 9 or 10 o'clock. Today I was feeling much better and up to the Uffizi trip, thankfully. I had Jess there to take care of me, thankfully. We've been taking turns in the horribly sick/caretaker role :] It would have been a pretty miserable day without her.

Dinner tonight was great, we took pictures of course! That's all for me for now, hear from you all soon?

Love, Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were wondering when you would succumb to the germ, we're glad that is over. It sounds like you guys are really taking advantage of all that Tuscany has to offer. We can't wait to join you. I am hungry every time I read one of your blogs. Okay, I am usually hungry anyway, but, my food fantasies are much richer now. Did you have reservations at the Uffizi? Our hotel has consierge service so we'll let them take care of it for us. The living room is going to be green now. We actually bought the paint. Everything else is finally done. Mom says: " SLEEP,LOTS OF FLUIDS (not wine)AND MORE SLEEP." We will look forward to your photos. Have you wrecked my lap top yet?
Mom wants me to say: "Love, Mom and Dad." So, LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Oh no Bill. I am glad you have one another. Hopefully it is all at an end now.
I can't wait to see the Uffizi... and the Duomo (spelling?) and the little cafes, etc.
I am so happy that you are both experiencing this together. what a wonderful opportunity you both have!

Love,

Mama Muirhead